Thursday, August 21, 2014

Sable

Liberty with scimitars -
The kilij is a scimitar used by the Turks and the Ottoman Empire; it appeared around the 15th century. The kilij is a unique kind of scimitar that has a slight taper down the straight of the blade until the last third of the sword, when it angles sharply and becomes deeper. After the First Barbary War, a bejeweled kilij was presented to the commanding Marine officer, thus beginning the tradition of granting, to all United States Marine Corps officers, the right to carry the ceremonial weapon as part of that tradition.
Pus ultra is a response to the ancient idea of Plus Ultraand the idea of what lays unknown is open for inquisition and acquisition. Pus Ultra is the antidote to Plus Ultra. It is the phenomenon of sailing beyond the pillars of task and into the sargasso of ultimate realism. Famous Pustronauts Bas Jan Ader Donald Crowhurst http://www.gq.com/news-politics/newsmakers/201409/the-last-true-hermit?currentPage=2 and "Christopher Thomas Knight
"I did examine myself," he said. "Solitude did increase my perception. But here's the tricky thing—when I applied my increased perception to myself, I lost my identity. With no audience, no one to perform for, I was just there. There was no need to define myself; I became irrelevant. The moon was the minute hand, the seasons the hour hand. I didn't even have a name. I never felt lonely. To put it romantically: I was completely free." and this gem-"They will be playing Lynyrd Skynyrd songs in a thousand years,"
CTK-

No comments:

About Me

My photo
St. Augustine, Florida, United States
I spill ink ,it collects here.