Monday, October 14, 2013

Calves Foot Jelly

In his famous lecture to prospective art students at SVA NYC Dave Hickey brings the current state of affairs in the art world to German Identity Rhetoric- There is a need for self cultivation in teaching the arts. This sense that the main character must go through a change. I think it is tied to our need to necessarily have conflict motivated plot lines in our stories. As for this particular drawing, I was trying to bring together a few social references I had come across lately. One is the beautiful "Mighty Boosh" episode of crack fox and their take on the wind in the willows. and Bildungsromana literary genre that focuses on the psychological and moral growth of the protagonist from youth to adulthood.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
St. Augustine, Florida, United States
I spill ink ,it collects here.