Thursday, September 30, 2010

Too Much Face Book

Shannon Wheeler, creator of Too Much Coffee Man and frequent contributor to NewYorker-
"Social network? Social is when you socialize. Computers are the anti-social socializing - the same mixer of athletes smoking."

I like the nicotine ref.

-my response-
I do wonder if this stuff will just someday die out. The whole infrastructure just wither. We'll be social then. Then it will be a matter of life and death, and all the new pioneers will come along and "discover" new lands just to get away from all the socializing we are biologically coerced into. And somewhere along those lines we will invent boogie woogie and dinner theaters again, and people will learn to dance on Friday nights like the golden era of human coexistence.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
St. Augustine, Florida, United States
I spill ink ,it collects here.