Sunday, June 06, 2010

Lame Deer, a 20th century shaman among the Sioux, had this vision of America's future. "Listen," he said, "I saw this in my mind not long ago: in my vision the electric light will stop sometime. It is used too much for TV and going to the moon. The day is coming when nature will stop the electricity. Police without flashlights, beer getting hot in the refrigerators, planes dropping from the sky, even the President can't call up somebody on the phone. A young man will come, or men, who'll know how to shut off all electricity. It will be painful, like giving birth. Rapings in the dark, winos breaking into the liquor stores, a lot of destruction. People are being too smart, too clever; the machine stops and they are helpless, because they have forgoten how to make do without the machine. There is a Light Man coming, bringing a new light. It will happen before this century is over. The man who has this power will do good things too -- stop all atomic power, stop wars, just by shutting the white electro-power off. I hope to see this, but then I'm also afraid. What will be will be.

1 comment:

LLPerry said...

Que Sera Sera

....seriously Jonzin' for Solar Panels.......

About Me

My photo
St. Augustine, Florida, United States
I spill ink ,it collects here.