Friday, December 11, 2009

Dog star treasure

The hill side entrance to the dual fortress to the left of the stream after the third crash site, the directions read. My fathers last words to me. He use to bury jars in the yard for me to find. He would put money or old cracker Jack toys in the jars. This time his clues were much more cryptic. The clues had no sense of urgency. This jar he buried in the sanguine waters of dreams. We played a war video game together. Countless hours in the same places. He was crossing the river one last time now. I faced the twin structure to the left and felt a stone benieth my fingers. It was a vague thought about being honest with yourself even though none was there to judge you. I was alone on that hill,

No comments:

About Me

My photo
St. Augustine, Florida, United States
I spill ink ,it collects here.