Monday, August 14, 2006

Julio


A friend of mine at Bagelicious tells me a story about selling ladies underwear during WWII. He said he would smuggle it in by wearing it under his coat. He also told me a story about making alittle bird whistle and selling it to the tourist in Puerto Rico. He said he would have to crawl under houses to find some sort of insect cacoon to make a reed and then blow through it to make a whistling noise. He demonstrated the noise for me. The stories Julio tells are allways highlighted by "cochie coochie" and clicks and whirls all carpeted with a thick Puerto-Americano accent. He wears a lot of jade and a cowboy hat and hand made silver jewelry and drinks chamomile tea.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
St. Augustine, Florida, United States
I spill ink ,it collects here.