Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Gladden The Heart


I wonder if "Art School " is meant to make you feel less creative by design. Perhaps not but this does seem to be a side effect I have observed with friends. I wonder why I create at all, then something I craft in earnest and with serious intent has an indelible folk way (like doo doo on new shoes) about it that cracks a spasm of spontaneous autonomic musculature. Doggy farts gladden the heart. I read a quote by Howard Finster, something about the bigest fool not knowing he is a fool. It was transcribed in sharpie pen over a photo of me jumping around on a life size granite mock up of Stone Henge in Athens Georgia. I know I'm a fool I just have a crack in my memory jar. These things I take great comfort in.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
St. Augustine, Florida, United States
I spill ink ,it collects here.