Saturday, August 13, 2005



CAPTAIN ROBOT HAMMER
I went to the beach yesterday. Upon leaving I followed my own footsteps back out of the dunes.
I was thinking of the intense scene in the movie The Shining where the little boy is escaping his deranged father
in the snowy maze and he finally gives his dad the slip by walking backward in his own footsteps.
I watched this scene in one of my classes last semester. For many in the class it was the first viewing of the movie.
It makes you think of all of the things you've seen or heard that people who are not that much younger have never been exposed to. While I was reenacting this scene in my mind, two older ladies passed me in the sand.
The smell of their perfume was thick but could not hide the smells that the heat had brought to the surface.
The distinct smell of "Olde 'R La DEE", clarified my actions.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
St. Augustine, Florida, United States
I spill ink ,it collects here.