Friday, August 30, 2019

Play






This summer I had the distinct pleasure to relive my Atari addled childhood with Cary Whittier 's most excellent offspring. We solved the Adventure maze by grabbing the tail of the bat as it grabbed the chalice! 'cue winning seizure inducing flashy sequence. Cherish your good times-♥ The beads are from my moms visit to Africa and an olive wood cutting board she gave me and a squeaky ruler just like my grandfathers.


Excerpt from Gordon Whites Rune Soup blog.-"But there is something very powerful about the joy of play, which in almost every form requires navigating probabilities. It's like the universe 'notices' you. Perhaps it does?
From the solemn gloom of the temple children run out to sit in the dust, God watches them play and forgets the priest.
- Rabindranath Tagore
There is also something very dangerous about play... dangerous in a good way. And I'm not talking about the sometimes-alarming paranormal effects that accompany roleplaying (or the weird dreams). Play is dangerous because it teaches you about rules. When to follow them, when to break them... and when to bet the farm:
Play the game for more than you can afford to lose... only then will you learn the game.
- Winston Churchill"

No comments:

About Me

My photo
St. Augustine, Florida, United States
I spill ink ,it collects here.